Oh happy day it is, when my SoC project reaches its halfway point. The aim of the project was to allow Eclipse plugins to automatically find all the resources they needed on a computer. Well, I have finished implementing the component that routes resources to the plugins that need them.
In other words, I finished implementing org.eclipse.ecf.discovery.IDiscoveryContainerAdapter. However, it was just today when I wrote an example service finder and service consumer and they both communicated to each other via the container adapter that I realized that I'd hit a milestone.
What is left now is to actually devise a JRE finder that will locate all JREs installed on a system (for example) and communicate that to another plugin that needs the information. With a solid example like that, we can then start writing manuals and articles on using our Discovery plugin, and evangelizing to the ends of the Eclipse community.
By the way, visited the Lava Lounge yesterday. It had 3 separate dance floors with their own DJs on each of its three floors. Wow! I must say, there is something to living in the big city.